8.12.2008

Thoughts on Flowers




Traditionally, a bride and her bridesmaids carry flowers down the aisle (and back up again). Although I wouldn't call myself intentionally "non-traditional", I do feel a certain sense of responsibility to consider other options when it comes to things like flowers (which are very nice when alive, but they do cost quite a bit for something that dies rather quickly).

Here is part of the photo that gave me the idea (credit to Stephen Sanderson Photography). After some consideration, this photo inspired me toward considering parasols in lieu of flowers. (I think I will still carry flowers, since they come with our wedding package.)


I did find some very fun options on the internet for beachy-looking parasols; here are a few I am considering for our turquoise, white, and chocolate brown theme (any votes? leave a comment below!):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. http://ronedaddy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

OMG! I absolutely love this idea! (not that I'm trying to sway you by any means, but how perfect is that for a Mexico beach wedding) And don't worry Mindy if you don't get the parasols for the bridesmaids, I will still be carrying one for you everywhere we go! My lil' pinky!

Post a Comment