2.09.2009

Invitations and Wrap-around Labels

Our invitations arrived! And we like them! Hooray!

Ok enough excitement. Let's talk about the fact that I have horrible, terrible, not-to-be-trusted penmanship. And the fact that the FI actually addressed all of the Save the Dates because of this fact. In essence, I am either going to have to pay someone to address our invitations, or break down and figure out a way to print them onto a label that does not appear cheap, pointless, or lazy. I came across the idea of wraparound address labels (somewhere on Martha Stewart's site I believe) and thought, what a great plan! Purposeful yet elegant. Only problem was, all of the do-it-yourselfers were gluing these babies onto their envelopes...too risky for me. With my luck, I would choose the wrong glue and they would all fall off before reaching their final destinations.

So upon a whim, I did some Google searching, and sure enough stumbled across some print-your-own stickers that are 8'' x 2'' and positively perfect for this DIY project! (It says the labels are for water bottles...shhh...). Here are a few visuals of this crazy project, with just plain old paper where the stickers will be, to give you an idea. I'm very excited to add this to the 'belly band' idea (burlap paper around the center of the invitation, not the metallic stuff you see in the pic, tied with raffia) and think it will soup up our otherwise plain invites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment