2.22.2009

Invitation Compilation










Determining that I was not very interested in cleaning the house yesterday, I instead decided to spend some time cutting, gluing, inserting, sticking, folding, and generally preparing our wedding invitations to be mailed. Although the traditional timeline for a mailed invitation is somewhere between 2-3 months prior to the wedding date, destination weddings have their own little set of rules - most of which are made up as you go along. In an effort to ensure that any and all people who would be interested in attending our wedding will have ample time to procure well-priced flights and room reservations, we will be sending our invitations out 5 months in advance of our wedding date (I think that puts us at March 8th for a mail date).

Here are a few pictures of the finished product - including the packing list that we'll place inside the belly band behind the invitation. I'm very pleased with how it came out - and after 3 hours with a tweezer and those sticky rhinestones...I wasn't certain I would be able to say that! I am also happy to report that we will be e-mailing invitations where possible, to cut down on our use of paper, envelopes, etc. and generally assist the environment. It's a small effort but every little bit can count.

0 comments:

Post a Comment