1.20.2009

To personalize, or not to personalize...this is the question.

I have to confess: I am an anti-personalization bride. I have seen weddings that are personalization-happy to the point of insanity (personalized linens on the tables, personalized tags on the silverware, personalized sparklers...) and I'm afraid I do not have one single item or image that I love SO MUCH that I would stick it on every single thing in sight. Nope. Can't be done. I'm not even so desperately in love with my new last name or initials that I would put that everywhere. (I'm only moving up 1 letter in the alphabet anyhow...kidding honey!) But, with weddings does come some element of personalization, whether that means that your intials are plastered on foreheads, or you spray-paint the room in 'peppy tangerine orange'. So, I have embraced the practice in small ways. For example, fun tank tops for the bridal party ladies to wear the day of the wedding - now that is something I can get behind. After scouring the internet for possible options, and finding the average price of a personalized blingy tank to be hovering in the $25 range, I thought it might be better if I did my own personalization and bought some quality tank tops instead. JCrew had a sale...so I am now the proud owner of 4 'bright tangerine' tanks, and 1 'cerise' tank - all of which are waiting in my office to be personalized. Now the question is...with what? Iron-on bling? An aqua satin ribbon tied around one of the tank arm-holes? Printed iron-on decals? There's always the 'bridesmaid' 'bride' business, but I wanted something a bit more unique...hmm...maybe just the word 'mexico'? Or "lucky" (the new song we love for a 'theme song' for the wedding)? I don't want to put anything on there that will prevent the tank from being worn again, quite honestly. Can it be done?

0 comments:

Post a Comment