1.20.2009

OOT Bags - the buying has begun

The concept of an "out of town" guest gift bag is something I love. In concept. However, when you really start looking at the costs associated with such a concept, it gets a little bit overwhelming to think about making 35, 40...or even 50 of these things for your guests, transport all of the items needed to make them to another country, and then somehow assemble and hand out each one to all of the correct rooms at the resort in a timely fashion. (Or pay the resort staff to deliver them for you...for $4 per room...hopefully to the correct rooms...) So, I had not actually decided to jump into the fray and 'do these things' until today. After reading the Best Destination Wedding forums for a bit last evening, I realized that the FI had actually stumbled across the PERFECT item for a Mexico OOT bag = a pocket-sized Spanish for Dummies book (he bought one from the dollar bins at Target the other day). So today after work, I sped to Target in hopes that they were not already sold out of these perfect items *gasp*. But, of course, I forget where I live. Here in Cheyenne, WY, who else besides crazy destination-bridal-me would have a need for 42 pocket-sized Spanish for Dummies books? No one, apparently, which is why I can happily report the first items for our OOT bags (that almost didn't happen but now have to happen) have been purchased! The question now becomes, what else do we stick in these things? And what do we stick the 'else' into?? A canvas bag? A paper bag? A reusable grocery bag? Man, sometimes I think I subconsciously try to make things more difficult for myself. :o)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think that is perfect! What a great find!

Carmen said...

I know exactly what you mean! We had little bags that we stuck everyone's goodies in. If I can find my list of stuff I stuck in, I'll let you know :)

Post a Comment