1.12.2009

The Invitation Search


It continues! As I mentioned in previous posts, I am oh-so-tormented by the choice between thick, elegant, letterpress(read: expensive) invitations, and the do-it-myself design that is fully customizable(read: inexpensive). I love beautiful artful things, and thick heavy paper, a gorgeous font, and perhaps a small image evoke actual warm fuzzy feelings - weird, right? Obviously not, since brides and grooms are actually willing to pay an average of $700 for the full stationery set that accompanies the typical wedding (invitations, envelopes, response and reception cards, inner envelopes...the list goes on).

I have reined myself in to not spending more than $200 total on all of the elements that go into the invitation (sans postage of course). I am fairly certain that response cards are unnecessary; we will ask guests to visit the website or call to RSVP. And reception cards are similarly not helpful, when obviously the reception will be at the resort, as will the ceremony (so if anyone gets lost between the beach and the pool, they have larger problems that a reception card could not possibly fix...). Here are a few of my all-time favorite options, although I am truly no closer to a decision than I was 6 months ago. *sigh* Which is your favorite?


0 comments:

Post a Comment