10.14.2008

Song of the Week

When I met Christopher, it became clear pretty quickly that college A Cappella (literally translated: "in the style of chapel") music would be a part of our repertoire whether I liked it or not. Lucky for him - I liked it. I was once part of an A cappella group (freshman year of college --> called "Cool Beans and Gravy" --> oh so embarrassing, but we were awesome and three of our members actually went on to pursue careers as performance professionals) and I sang in the Concert Choir in college as well. So - the background was there, I just needed to be introduced to the specific genre of College A Cappella.

I stumbled across one of my favorite groups on YouTube the other day and wanted to share that experience with my readers. A Cappella music is a phenomenon unto itself (as are it's followers, usually...) and a live experience is the best way to go. But, absent that, video is the next best thing. Hope you enjoy this, even though the holiday season is not quite upon us...

12 Days of Christmas medley - by Straight No Chaser

0 comments:

Post a Comment