10.11.2008

Live, from SMB

There are some fun reviews rolling out of TripAdvisor - one that I particularly liked focused on the details (I have excerpted it below):

Just got back from Secrets Maroma and I loved every moment of it. Rather that the typical all encompassing review, I thought I'd share some of my favorite memories from the week:
  • Sipping my first Mayan Coffee, a delectable mix of tequila and coffee in a caramelized sugar rimmed glass

  • Floating up and down with the tide in crystal clear teal water watching a stunning sunset light up the sky

  • Enjoying a perfect cut of veal at Bordeaux served by Edgar who is truly a master of the art of restaurant service.

  • Ordering a drink from a bar, walking out without paying, going to the next bar and doing the same. (we did this a lot)

  • At the Tequila Tasting: finding out what really good way-above-my-price-point tequila tastes like and then buying two bottles because now I'm "in the know". Thanks Gabriel!

  • Water aerobics with Fabian, where fifteen of us became the morning entertainment and had a blast doing it.

  • Making up new fabulous breakfast combination at the World Cafe.

  • Helping win a few points in Pool Volleyball. "very very very very in!"

  • Overcoming my two left feet and dancing at the disco. The entertainment staff really knows how to get the crowd going.

  • Coming back to room that had just been treated to turndown service and grabbing a corona from the newly restocked mini-fridge.

  • Waking up early to catch a sunrise unlike anything I've ever seen up north.

  • Sensing in a million little ways the enormous pride the staff has in what they do.

  • Helping cheer Brandon on to win the Secrets Idol! We had some amazing talent, but I got to say that back up band was simply amazing. (We HAVE to enroll Christopher in this!!)

  • That Mariachi Band at Mexican Night. There's nothing quite like a huge mariachi band filling the night time with loud festive music.

Doing all of this knowing that I had already paid a fixed price. I could finally put my penny pinching brain to rest, order another margarita or two and wish everyone a buenos dias!
This TripAdvisor Member:
Liked — Amazing service, Better Resturaunts than I can find at home, Perfect beach
Disliked — Minor mosquito problem at night, bring repellent and it's all good
.
~from userTrippingGoose

0 comments:

Post a Comment