10.01.2008

Remember the Sunscreen


Being a fair-skinned Scandinavian lass, sunscreen or sunblock is an essential part of my worldview. I can't be outside without thinking about it. Here in Wyoming, at 7000 feet, the sun is a bit more nasty than in Minnesota (where I grew up). In Mexico, at a resort with pools and a beach with an ocean, I figure that my likelihood of getting mucho burned is...well, really high. And I do not plan to have my wedding photos be ruined by this probable situation (crazy bride statement of the day). I have already started amassing lightweight, lightly-colored coverup gear (like a crazy person stocking water before Y2K), and I had to laugh aloud when I read a new post on TripAdvisor tonight about this exact issue. Even those of you who tan and don't usually turn neon red at the mere thought of the sun (like me) might want to consider this advice (I like his point about the Helioplex sunscreen):

"Okay, all you whities like me need to realize that in the sun is much closer to the earth in Mexico. You MUST wear sunscreen. There were a lot of lobsters walking around sick and in pain ever since the first day. I recommend using sunscreen with helioplex SPF 75 (more photostable and longer lasting than other sunscreens). Even with this I tanned and got a burn on my shoulders. Lots of very tan ladies got really red, too. Leave the tanning oil at home - bring the sunscreen." from user RoamingHome

Walgreens and Target both carry a Neutrogena sunscreen with Helioplex for about 10 bucks

0 comments:

Post a Comment