5.01.2010

Rest your wings my butterfly

I love listening to Josh Groban while I grade student responses and papers and exams.  There is a significant link between music and various events in my life.  For instance, in graduate school, while I wrote my comprehensive examination responses, I listened to to Enigma over and over and over again.  Josh Groban creeped into the end of the comps process, and then continued while I was writing my dissertation.  I know every word, every transition, every key change in those songs.  And most of them were learned subconsciously, because technically I was multi-tasking the entire way through.  Hopefully I'm still pretty good at multitasking and am grading student work fairly as I continue to listen.  ;)  Only 1 week to go this semester, and then I get a 4-week break before summer session begins.  I'll be teaching a class at LCCC and UW again - both online - this summer session, for only 8 weeks (versus the usual 16-week semester).  Then, I get another 4-week break in August before the Fall semester starts.  The more I do this teaching thing, the more efficient and effective (hopefully!) I become.  It's pretty exciting stuff. 

3 comments:

Brendon said...

I don't know Josh Groban, is there a song you recommend?

Brendon said...

Took a hint from your title and tried Lullaby. That's a vocal effect I don't hate....

Chai Family said...

Oh very cool! I also highly recommend the song 'Weeping' - it's amazing, with a background African-style chorus that is chilling and beautiful. There's a youtube video out there of him doing it live on Letterman I think. Glad you like Lullaby. :o)

Post a Comment