7.27.2009

Shower the People

Coming off an insane weekend here...with only 10 days before we step on the plane, and 12 to our wedding, I'm working hard to find some calm and solace in the days. On Saturday, I attended my very own bridal shower - woo! It was a very fun experience, and having never had one before, definitely surpassed any expectations I had of what a bridal shower might be like (for myself; I've been to others). Erin and her family dressed the table with orange plates, blue cups, and wonderful brunchy foods, including a three-berry trifle that everyone devoured. They also set up the porch with tables, chairs, runners/tablecloths that matched our wedding colors, and centerpieces that fit the 'kitchen theme' of the shower (including one kitchenaid mixing bowl that had sand and shells in it, with bamboo cooking utensils sticking out the top!). It was far more than I could have wished for, and I am so thankful to have wonderful people in my life. It's a bit overwhelming actually. Thank you to everyone! I'm one happy bride.


Here's a group photo from the day (a few people are missing - and Wendy is taking the photo).

0 comments:

Post a Comment