7.05.2009

Florals and Flowers and Petals, oh my!

While I appreciate the beauty of flowers, let it be said that I do not consider myself a connoisseur of floral design in any way. However, I do know a few things about wedding flowers. First, they should be 'pretty' (at least to the bride); second, they should be hearty (so as not to wilt as they are jostled around from photos to ceremony to reception); and third, they should be reasonably-priced (since they will eventually pass on to flower heaven - I'm just too darn practical to spend tonsa money on things that don't last beyond a day or two). So, in the case of our lovely Mexico wedding, our package with the resort includes my bouquet, the groom's boutonniere, and 2 other corsages and 2 other boutonnieres (typically for parents is my guess). We also receive a large table arrangement that will be placed on the ceremony table, and then moved to our sweetheart table or the cake table for the reception.

After we chose the bridesmaid's brightly-colored dresses (look in the blog history below for photos), the colors definitely suggested that a 'bird of paradise' flower-focus was the way to go. So, without further adieu, here are the photos that have been sent to the resort for replication; crossing fingers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment