4.17.2009

Monograms



Hey all! I'm going to use this fortuitous snow day (woop!) for some excessive blogging, so watch out.

I have been hatching plans to design us a wedding monogram for weeks, but until recently, had not been able to truly determine what elements I wanted involved. Once we settled on tangerine and aqua as our official 'color scheme', I started playing around a bit with ideas. Most monograms that I came across on the forums and other blogs were square in shape, yet everything I personally made ended up being rectangular. I figured out (finally) that this is because my name is rather short, while Christopher's name is...well, 3 times longer. So it takes up more space. And since I'm a relatively big fan of symmetry...you can imagine things got more complicated than they should have been.

The other issue I've had is that we (I) chose "coral" as our theme. Believe it or not, coral is amazingly difficult to incorporate into a symmetrical monogram. Plus, finding decent clipart of coral (free clipart) is also not easy. But - barring these potential barriers - I have developed a few good (?) ideas. We're working on ordering some drink steins for the guest OOT bags, and I'd be interested in hearing thoughts about which of these you like best! We'll probably also stick the monogram on the wedding ceremony program, the menu, and the welcome letter...just to have some continuity in the design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment