2.19.2011

My Bucket is going to Fill

It's decided.  I will create and pursue a Bucket List. 

Turns out, not everyone knows what a Bucket List is.  Let's get a shared definition going before we begin.

From UrbanDictionary.com:  "A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket"."

Hmm.  Not sure if I'm a huge fan of this definition.  I might rather think of this list as "A list of things to do while I enjoy a full and interesting life."  It isn't so much that I want to beat death to something, but that I'd like to have some mini-goals that might or might not have age-based limits.

On the radio this week, a woman said something about the fact that she was not implying that the pecan pie her mother made was an easy feat.  I thought, I've never made a pecan pie.  I want to make a pecan pie.  Not because I want to eat it, but because I want to have made something that could be considered difficult by the average amateur cook.  Push outside the comfort zone, so to speak.  And I have recently realized that my comfort zone is...well....teeny tiny.  Like, Rhode Island tiny.  Dust mite, invisible to the naked human eye, tiny.  And I am no longer satisfied with Rhode Island.  I'd like to have New Jersey, at least. And then expand to Vermont, perhaps. 

So here we go.  I haven't yet decided the exact format of the weekly or more frequent entries, but I am excited about this topic and the voyage in general. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment