6.28.2010

Procrastination, made eas(ier)

I absolutely love to procrastinate.  At the same time, I hate the physical and mental consequences of procrastination. 

For example, right now I'm just sitting here grading student responses.  Obviously NOT because I am writing this post, but I am SUPPOSED to be grading student responses.  It isn't that those responses are boring, or difficult to read/grade; it isn't that there is absolutely nothing rewarding about grading; and it isn't that I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open (I exercised tonight so I still do have some energy, amazingly).  The art of inattention to the task at hand is just MORE rewarding than doing what I should be doing.  I can't even completely say why.  It just is.  I'd rather admire the nice background I finally found for this blog; or read about random peoples' crap on Facebook; or listen to this very cool version of Over the Rainbow that my Genius found inside my iTunes (which is now combined with my husbands, so the library has 11,867 items as of right now).  It's beautiful and I'd rather dream about being over the rainbow, where there is no grading to be had.  Sigh. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment